Sunday, March 17, 2013

March Painting Marathon - Day 17

March Painting Marathon - Day 17

short video of painting one


This March Painting Marathon is intensely demanding. Being a passionate, obsessive, creative... individual. Well this has been extremely hardcore for me. Today i completed two small works. Tomorrow I will be painting a large 38 x 78 inche canvas. I am really looking forward to warmer weather. And the seasons changing. My lower back hurts... so I am trying to find time to go swim... to strengh...ten my core. And I really am making an effort to each healthy food.
It has been very cold recently. The wind has been brutal. On that bridge I am very exposed.
But really I love this... I absolutely love this Marathon. My eyes are so open to the world. I feel like I am not even in my body. My skin feel like paper thin.. and my eyes are connected to the blue sky, the norther wind, the sunshine in my soul. It is just incredible. I keep pushing myself... demanding more from my brush. More from my palette. I want to give more to this experience. Tomorrow I am going to show up early in the morning... around 7 am. So that I can paint a large work, and still be able to finish early... so that I can get Isabelle from school.

Live Love Art
Patrick
 
 Sussex Drive. 16 x 20 inches. oil on canvas. March 17th. 2013. Price $400
 
 
close up of above painting (detail)
 
 

 Sussex Drive (II). oil on canvas. 18 x 24 inches. March 17th, 2013. Price: $600
 
 
close up of painting (detail)
 

 
 close up of painting (detail)
 
close up of painting (detail)
 
 
Selected Media Coverage: March Painting Marathon.
CTV News - Regional Contact (Joel Haslem)
Ottawa Citizen (Arts Section - Peter Simpson)
CBC (Alan Neal - All in A Day) - interview on location
 

No comments: