Saturday, January 7, 2012

Female Form with Flowers... 5 Abstract oil Paintings and an International Award Winning Poem by artist Patrick John Mills



Tenderness. oil on canvas. 14 x 18 inches. Jan 2012. Price: $500
Artist: Patrick John Mills



Upside down Heart. oil on canvas. 11 x 14 inches. Jan 2012. Price: $400
Artist: Patrick John Mills



Female form with flowers. oil on canvas. 10 x 12 inches. Price: $400
Artist: Patrick John Mills



Blank Canvas. Oil on canvas. Jan 2012. 12 x 16 inches. Price: $400
Artist: Patrick John Mills



Flowers in her Garden. oil on canvas. 14 x 18 inches. Jan 2012. Price: $500
Artist: Patrick John Mills


Yesterday was a big day. I managed to complete four paintings. I just sit around at the kitchen table. Painting. Drinking tea. Taking it easy. Isabelle (my daughter, 8), had a friend over. They were playing in her room. I would make them some food. Listen to them play. And I would just sit and paint at the kitchen table. It was a great day.

After dinner, Isabelle and I read a book together and then watched a movie. After the movie, I put her to sleep. That was magical.
Later that night. past 11 pm, I kept painting. While talking to a friend, I managed to paint another painting.

This morning. After I made Isabelle pancakes and maple syrup... I clean up the dishes. She wanted to watch a movie. So I painted another painting. Why not.

I have not had to clean my paint brushes in weeks. Why... they are always wet, and I simply keep painting all the time. It is great. I am really on a roll. It is so nice to bust out all these small paintings. I think I have managed to complete 18 works in around 10 days. So I have to go to the Art Supply store and get some more canvases.

Here is a poem I wrote 15 years ago. It is my intention to share my poetry... to help communicate the ideas expressed in my paintings.


Titled: Portrait
Canvas
naked and white
I want to undress you
under the black night
in pink tenderness
Everything is accepted in excess
There are no accidents
only possibilities not fully explored
I want to eat
your tulip legs
your eye lashes
your bleeding flower
To peel you skin
like a mandarin
To floss your veins
between my jagged white porcelain
when the night falls
when the day breaks
I have nothing if I don't have you
I want to pretend you're my mother
when I decorate my walls
when I throw you in my closet
Until the next time we kiss
I want to lie in pieces of you
waiting to undress your naked and white flesh.

written 1996 by Patrick John Mills

2 comments:

Shannon Lee said...

What wonderful imagery, Patrick!
The words you choose convey your passion so well.

Unknown said...

I like your work