Friday, October 12, 2012

Chakra - Painting

Chakra

Chakra (Sunshine Soul).
oil on cavnas. 54 x 67 inches. Spring - Summer 2012. Price $3000.
Patrick John Mills
 
This photo is taken inside my studio.  The floor is very messy. But that is pretty much how my studio is and how I work. 
 
This painting is large. It is large - so that you feel the painting as you stand infront of it. I wanted to really centre myself.  I spent time in front of this canvas. The energy inside my soul was abundant. I felt sunshine in my entire soul. Warm energy. Deep breathes of space filled the core of my body. 
 
Each level of the painting has two tones of colour. Light and Dark.  It is very simple. I simply really enjoyed spending time painting this painting. i would not say I worked on this painting. I painted this painting.  It was a joy to visit this canvas and paint this painting.
 
sunshine and dreams
Patrick
 
 




The concept of chakra features in tantric and yogic traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. Chakra are believed to be centers of the body from which a person can collect energy.

Chakras correspond to vital points in the physical body but are generally understood as being part of the "subtle body" which cannot be found through autopsy. While breath channels (nāḍis) of yogic practices had already been discussed in the classical Upanishads, it was not until the eighth-century Buddhist Hevajra Tantra and Caryāgiti, that hierarchies of chakras were introduced.


No comments: