Thursday, December 15, 2011

Art Whore



A lot can be learnt from a crack head whore.

They have no shame.... they have addiction... and they will do anything to get more.

I do not do drugs. I am an artist. I am addicted to paint. I am addicted to creativity. I am addicted to Art. I need Art. I Love Art.

My self promotion is very aggressive. And it works. 19 years of hardcore intense hard work. My victory is simple. I get to live my life as a dream. Lots of Paint.

Much to my shock... Sean McKibbon. Managing Editor, Metro News Ottawa showed up... and the next day the above was printed in the Metro Newspaper. Thank you to Metro. You Rock.

My motivation for going out and painting downtown on location is simple. To paint. The new series of paintings that I have been working on Summer Series. I wished to challenge myself. To paint downtown and be surrounded by all the buildings.

The glass, the lines, the spaces, the structures, modern living... it really is inspiring.

I have been wishing to and paint at Bank and Laurier Ave for about 5 months. It took me this long to creatively settle my mind into the format of the location.

Carmela Marrese, Will Hrynewich, and Shannon Lee all showed up on location to paint together. It was fun. The creative energy was all shared.

Carmela and I decided to go out painting together weeks before. The night before my mind blinked and I decided to create a Facebook Event page and invite 500 people (last minute) to join me painting.

It is my intention to start inviting artists to all paint together outside on location. It is fun. We need more art. Artists need to get out of their studio... Freedom.

Be an artist... be a whore... self promote... inspire your life.

live dreams... never sleep

Patrick


1 comment:

Patrick John Mills said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWW5IczRqZU&list=UUFWACmKY84PKTBA_6PdTDdw&index=1&feature=plcp