Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring is inside my Soul


Inside my Studio. oil on canvas. 32 x 60 inches. Spring 2011. Price: $2800


I just came back from my studio. It was the first time I had been in there since my wife and I separated. We had been together for 17 years.  I had not been in my studio since October.  Four and a half months later.  I went back into my studio 20 mins ago.

Fuck me. 

The energy in that space was intense.  What a shit hole.

It is time to really change the energy of that space. 

My soul needs sunshine in that creative space. 

Inside my soul there is a window to new. 

My time in New York with Alex and painting in Gedney Park has been a rainbow. 

Now it is time to enter back into my studio. 

For the past four and a half months I have been painting outside in parks, down town Ottawa in the winter, at my kitchen table, inside the gallery.... next I go back in my studio down the street from my home and gallery. 

I will have to clean out that space. And put up all blank white canvases.

Next month is Quit Your Job  exhibition.  I am going to paint the gallery walls and floor.  Clean fresh. Pure White.  Bleach my Mind.

Spring is inside my Soul.

Time to hold the rainbow and shine.

kiss eat paint

Patrick

www.PatrickJohnMills.ca

No comments: