Friday, March 8, 2013

March Painting Marathon - Day 8

March painting Marathon - Day 8
Short video at the end of Day 8
 
 
Well today was a pretty full day.  I have been so excited, and so pumped that I have been having a difficult time falling asleep.  So I was very tired and run down. 
 
Too much excitement. Just enjoying this March Painting Marathon too much. 
 
Joel Haslam - CTV News was covering the activities.  So today was filled with highlights.
 
For the first time the sky was blue.  For all the other times... it was pure winter, snow, cloudy, winter days.  But today the sunshine was out and shining.  So it was a pleasant change.
 
The paint was very soft, smooth, and juicy.  It was not cold and stiff like it had been all the other days since we arrived on location.
 

 
 The Canal (Day 8). oil on canvas. 24 x 36 inches. March 8th. 2013. Price: $1500.
 


 starting the paitning
getting the base of the sky in... foundation of the back drop.
 
 
starting to put in the transparent pigments, and the forms 


maping out the painting
 

 It was sunshine.. .but still pretty cold. 
The wind on the bridge is still open and exposed
 
 

 In all my years of being interviewed... I must say that Joel Haslam was top. 
He is such a decent, friendly, kind, easy going, gentlemen.
It was a real pleasure to be interviewed by him. 
 
 
 Another photo with CTV News
It will be presented next week sometime.  I will add a link soon.
 

 I really had to work hard and fast to get this painting completed.
The interview took much longer than expected....
and Metro News also showed up (unexpected) and also covered the activities.
Smile
 
 
I was in such a rush to pack up and get home to collect Isabelle from school... that I do not have decent close up photos of the painting... I will put date the site soon.
 
Live Love Art
 
Patrick
 
 



No comments: