Monday, March 4, 2013

March Painting Marathon - Day / Night Four - Live the Dream

March Painting Marathon - Day 4
 
 
Short Video taken on location around 3:30 am


Sunday Night... March 3rd. I was informed that Isabelle (my daughter / 9 1/2 years old) was sick.  A had a fever and was not feeling well. So she would not be going to school on Monday. 

One week on - one week off.  So this week is my week with my beautiful Isabelle.  So knowing that I would have to stay home and take care of her... Time to paint before she was dropped off at my place Monday morning. 

Sunday was a long long day. I had trouble sleeping the night before.  I only had 4 hours of sleep.  I woke up at 5:07 am Sunday. 

I painted a day painting. And was out on location the for the entire day.  I was very tired. The wind was starting to give me wind burn.  I had really pushed myself... so I was really looking forward to a good night sleep.  But then I find out Isabelle is sick. So being the intense individual that I am... time to get off my lazy boy ass and get to work.  That way I would stay on track with my March Painting Marathon, and be able to stay at home with Isabelle while she is off from school. 

I posted it on Facebook.  Called Patrick S. Greene.  He too was very tired. And had painted all day Sunday with me.  When I told him I was going out painting.  He said, "Sure why Not!". So I drove out to Bells Corner. And well the night was ours. 

We both were really focused and fully committed.  Not in the insane manner. But filled with passion and focus.  It was not really all that cold. It was only minus 9.  But we were both so locked in a creative zone that nothing mattered. 

The paint was so fuild. I used a fair amount of painting mediums... so that the paint would flow.  I had the Scream and Shout sound in my head by Will i am - Scream & Shout ft. Britney Spears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYtGl1dX5qI 

So I was feeling pretty sexy.  I was dancing on the bridge.  I had a party inside my soul. I was a bird dying in the night. Everything was falling into the canvas. I touch the canvas like a lover, a killer. I was fucking a suicide bomber. Everything was working. I was pure. I am Pure. I am ... Me.  And I have so alive. It was a dream. Buy Sexy Art.

Now I go watch movies and hang out with Isabelle all day.  Life is a Dream.

Live Love Art -

Patrick


ww.PatrickJohnMills.com


Sussex Drive. oil on canvas. 48 x 53 inches. March 4th 2013. Price: $2400.
Patrick John Mills
 
 



Stages of the Painting:


 Before you start - your mind has to be so focused
 

 The paint was so smooth... I knew that I was going to get something special. 
I was just so connected... everything fell in the night. 
Everything felt correct. 
I was thinking of Franz Kline
 
Franz Jozef Kline (May 23, 1910 – May 13, 1962) was an American painter mainly associated with the abstract expressionist movement centered around New York in the 1940s and 1950s
 
 
Create and Destroy... the process of making a painting breathe. 
 
 
Starting to add the forms
 

 

Starting to add the bones, the structure to the form. 
 
 
Keep pushing and moving the lines and forms.
Can not worry if it does not work... it will work.
 
 
 
Here is my studio... hahaha  All or nothing.  Love it.
 

 Here is Patrick S. Greene working on his painting.
 
 
Finished painting
Sussex Drive (Night). oil on canvas. 48 x 53 inches. March 4th. Price $2400.
 

 
photo of painting against a brick wall... natural light.
 
Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 

Close up of painting
 
 
Sussex Drive (French: Promenade Sussex) is a major street in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and one of the city's major ceremonial and institutional routes.
Running roughly parallel to the Ottawa River, Sussex Drive begins at Rideau Street at the north end of Colonel By Drive, running north and then bending northeast until MacKay Street, where it becomes the Rockcliffe Parkway.
Sussex is a particularly famous street in the capital, as it is home to the Prime Minister's residence at 24 Sussex Drive and home to the Governor General's residence at Rideau Hall. Also located on Sussex are Ottawa's former city hall on Green Island, which includes the Karsh-Masson Gallery, and a number of prominent embassies such as those of France, Saudi Arabia and the United States.

No comments: